cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Ee to Ee through third party

Hassanahmed95
Explorer

Hey, this has probably been asked numerous times so if anyone can link me to the most current thread it would be appreciated. 

I'm currently on a sim only contract with EE and I'm currently waiting for the S22 ultra. Now I'm going to look for contracts through third party websites just to see the price difference as I can imagine it would be significant. 

My question is, what is the process from going from ee to ee through a third party website and keeping the same number. Ideally I want to stay with Ee and not move to another provider. So if I get a contract from a website for example uswitch how would I go from my sim only to that new contract within Ee and keep my number. 

Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

EE won't port nos between contracts. So you need to 1st port your existing no to another network's PAYG using a PAC from EE & then in reverse port it back to your new contract. This will also have the effect of cancelling your old contract.

You could alternatively "upgrade" your old contract to PAYG with 30 days notice & then ask EE to transfer the no to your new contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Okay so the payg might actually be the best option because my pay monthly sim ends the day the S22 apparently is up for pre order.

So all I would do for example on the day my contract ends is phone Ee ask them to put me on payg then get a third party contract and then phone Ee and request a transfer of my number from ee payg to pay monthly on that third party deal? 

You could always ask EE C/S directly, what deals they could offer you to upgrade "officially" and then simply swap your SIM across.

Then compare what prices they'll offer you, with the prices you're looking for - or can achieve as a "new" customer. And make an informed decision as to the best way to proceed.