cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Can't access the EE website via my broadband unless I use a VPN...

Ludox
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hello it's me again. Not sure if this is the correct location for this query.

As the title suggests I am unable to access the EE page using my internet connection (which is ironically provided by EE) unless I use a VPN.

Other sites are working fine. It's doing it on my pc and my phone. 

If I use my phones data connection (not the wifi) the site seems to load fine....

There is no error message or anything just a blank white page.

8 REPLIES 8
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Which router do you have?

Have you tried chnging DNS?

Ludox
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I have an TP-Link VR2800 and to that connected an Asus RT-AC68U.

I've tried default DNS, Cloudflare and Google.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ludox 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

I would suggest getting in touch with our Broadband Tech Gurus on 0800 079 8586 they will get this investigated for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Is this both from devices connected to TP-Link & Asus?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Ludox ,

What do you see if you run "nslookup ee.co.uk" from a commandline?

If you visit 45.60.65.23 do you see "The proxy failed to resolve site from host name, if this site was recently added please allow a few minutes before trying again" ?

[x@x ~]$ nslookup ee.co.uk
Server:         192.168.x.1
Address:        192.168.x.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   ee.co.uk
Address: 45.60.65.23
Name:   ee.co.uk
Address: 45.60.72.23

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@mikeliuk : We all see that even those of us that can easily access ee.co.uk. So that wasteful test proves nowt!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Ludox
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I found my equipment was double NATed. For some reason this was only affecting the EE site. *Shrug*

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Ludox ,

Thanks for updating.

Did you work out why double-NAT was an issue for you? Was it an issue of name resolution on the downstream router?

Double-NAT should work fine as I've done even triple-NAT on Virgin Media, BT, Three, and EE networks all without issue.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net