cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE expensive

FaceTime33
Investigator
Investigator

Currently on 3 mobile paying for 4 sim only contract looking to moving to EE for faster speed in London.

Visited a EE store in London yesterday they quoted £140 for 4 sim only deals all with unlimited data.

At the moment only paying 28 pounds with three network all with unlimited data sim deals guessing will be staying with three your prices are shocking expensive.

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@FaceTime33   you asked in a store and they can only offer what they have to sell,  look online or better still call customer services and see what they can offer as not all tariffs are shown online. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @FaceTime33 

I don't know about the pricing you're on, but you've said yourself that you wanted the faster data speeds that EE can provide you with.

Better networks come with cost implications, and EE have never claimed to be the cheapest operator.

The cheapest unlimited data plan I can see on the 3 website is a 24month deal with a 50% offer at £11/month - so if you're getting 4 SIMs at £7 each, then it sounds like you're on a promotion of some kind.

Well with 3 mobile I did ask for a discount on extra contract they kindly agree on £7 on live chat.

These the sim plans im on

£7 a month 600 minutes unlimited data text unlimited hotspot.

I do use two sim plan in my 4G router going over 3TB a month without any warning from three.

Just used EE live chat the best they could offer me is £35 5G smart plan with FUP 1000GB.

If you are using 3TB I would stay with Three.

You'll end up being moved to an expensive business plan if you use that much every month with EE unlimited plans.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Sticking to three not worth paying over the odds and a tight FUP with EE and getting moved over to business plan whatever they charge ontop.

No point anyway EE removed the sim unlimited only purchase plan option. *highest plan on sim only is 200GB*

The only way to get unlimited data is to purchase a expensive handset from EE guessing they want to sell £70 mobile broadband instead of customers taking out the £35 5G plan using that in a 4G/5G router.

EE have somehow managed to hoodwink many people into paying overinflated prices for not really much, encouraged by superficial advertising campaigns. Bit like BT really...oh wait a minute....they're the same company!!!