cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New customer trying to change order

Kezzadoll
Explorer

I placed an order online, after doing so I realised I wanted to take out a slightly more expensive monthly tariff. 
I contacted EE and was told I need to wait for phone to be delivered, then the account will show on the system and they can arrange new tariff. 
Called on phones arrival, was told I have to return this phone and take out a brand new deal?… 

I was told someone will contact me within a couple of days to make arrangements.  
Not heard anything after 3 days. 

I am sat here with a brand new phone I cannot use with no idea when my order will be sorted, while currently paying for 2 contacts until I can activate the PUK code, which EE told me not to do to make the returns process simpler 

I want to pay more money each month so I don’t understand why the process is so difficult. 

Can new tariff be updated on the system without having to do a full return and new order?

when will receive a call from returns dept to try and sort this?

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Kezzadoll
Explorer
  • I placed an order online, after doing so I realised I wanted to take out a slightly more expensive monthly tariff. 
    I contacted EE and was told I need to wait for phone to be delivered, then the account will show on the system and they can arrange new tariff. 
    Called on phones arrival, was told I have to return this phone and take out a brand new deal?… 

I was told someone will contact me within a couple of days to make arrangements.  
Not heard anything after 3 days. 

I am sat here with a brand new phone I cannot use with no idea when my order will be sorted, while currently paying for 2 contacts until I can activate the PUK code, which EE told me not to do to make the returns process simpler 

I want to pay more money each month so I don’t understand why the process is so difficult. 

Can new tariff be updated on the system without having to do a full return and new order?

when will receive a call from returns dept to try and sort this?

thanks 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Kezzadoll ,

I recommend that you review the terms and conditions for your current plan to understand your options for changing your plan (e.g. that you may lose any discounts currently present, or not). I think that generally it should be fairly easy to change to a more expensive plan but you want to check whether you are happy with the full terms and conditions before committing.

The below link may show some online options for you, or you may wish to discuss with EE directly to understand the impact and keep written evidence or an online chat transcript so there is no misunderstanding.

Obviously the option of cancelling within the 14 day cooling off period and then reordering is quite inconvenient and makes it more likely a customer may go elsewhere.

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/change-plan

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Kezzadoll

Welcome to the community. 

I would absolutely love to see if I can help further. 

When you have a moment please check your community inbox. 

Speak soon,

Katie 🙂