cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Dual sim iphone and apple watch

cchrys
Investigator
Investigator

Hi.

I have an iPhone xr and two phone numbers on it. one on the physical sim and one on the eSim.

I have just bought an apple watch series 6 cellular and i want to be able to make calls on it away from my phone.  Can i assign one of my existing accounts/numbers/plans from my phone onto my watch or do i need a third contract?

Thanks in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @cchrys ,

Welcome to the community,

When you set up your Apple Watch, you can then set up your data plan, which will cost you £7.- a month, and it has its own number for billing purposes, so that you can use your watch without taking , your phone with you. Hope this helps. You do this using the watch app on your phone.

You just need to pair the watch with your phone, and for it to work without your phone being with you, you need to keep your phone on for it to work, so that you can receive and make calls and text.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @cchrys ,

Welcome to the community,

When you set up your Apple Watch, you can then set up your data plan, which will cost you £7.- a month, and it has its own number for billing purposes, so that you can use your watch without taking , your phone with you. Hope this helps. You do this using the watch app on your phone.

You just need to pair the watch with your phone, and for it to work without your phone being with you, you need to keep your phone on for it to work, so that you can receive and make calls and text.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hi Schockwave.   Thanks for taking the time to reply.

My question was whether i can transfer one of the two numbers i have associated with my iPhone as there is no need for a third number.  I only keep one of the contracts going as i don't want to lose the number but i rarely if ever use it so it would be a shame to have to take out a third number when i already have two.

Thanks again for you help.

cchys

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cchrys,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

When you use an Apple Watch with your iPhone, the mobile phone number it has is only for billing purposes. The calls and text functions use the same phone number as your iPhone.

Hope this helps.

James

Hi James.  Thanks for your help.

So if the number is used for billing info, i guess it has a call allowance and data allowance?

Can i use the share data feature to add data to this number too?

Thanks

James_B
EE Community Support Team

No problem @cchrys

The watch would have its own data allowance but uses the calls and texts from the phone plan it is linked to.

You can't gift data to or from a watch plan.

James