cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Direct debit query

Bev54
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have just swapped from payg to sim only monthly by direct debit,  in November my direct debit date falls on a Saturday,  will my direct debit be taken a day early on the Friday or the following Monday?

3 REPLIES 3
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Depends on your Bank, used to be most Banks would debit the Account on the Friday, but it's changed now, most (most) Bank will debit your account on the Saturday but it doesn't actually come untill Monday.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bev54 : Are you really talking about the date your bill is posted? Your DD is not fixed to a specific date. It is your bill date that is fixed to a particular day of the month. On that day your DD is put in motion & is taken from your bank about a week later on the next business day.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Bev54 ,

If the payment due date falls at a weekend or on a Bank Holiday the organisation is obliged to debit your account just after the due date, not before, unless they notify you in advance of a change of date.

https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/Incorrectpayments.aspx

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net