cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Data used up instantly, can’t buy more

bec1995
Visitor

Earlier on this month I received a text saying that I’d used up all my data and would have to wait for the 23rd of August for it to be refreshed. I received a few of these texts over the past few weeks. I tried multiple ways to buy more data (the app, the website, through text) and was completely unable to. For example, if I visited http://add-on.ee.co.uk/ with wifi turned off, I just got the following error message: “Could not activate mobile data network. PDP authentication failure”. So I just waited for the 23rd to roll around. I had no internet access (3G/4G/etc) outside of wifi during this time.

However, at no point did my data allowance refresh. On the 23rd August I was still unable to connect to 4G. Then, at 00:00 on the 24th, I received a text saying that I’d used up 100% of my data and would have to wait until 23rd of SEPTEMBER for it to refresh. It was impossible for me to use up this data allowance, so I really don’t understand what’s going on here. Before this last month, I had no problem using mobile data and I don’t think I ever used up my monthly allowance completely until then, so I can’t understand why I no longer seem to have any data at all. And I’m still unable to buy a data add-on so I don’t even have the option of a temporary fix.

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bec1995

Welcome to the community.

How much mobile data do you get with your plan? What kind of phone do you use?

Are you on contract or pay as you go?

Chris

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @bec1995 ,

I recommend to open up a live chat, or phone the service provider as it sounds a lot like a backend issue. The below reference is old but along the same lines, suggesting backend checks should be carried out.

https://www.theregister.com/2015/04/12/ee_suffers_another_pdp_authentication_failure/

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net