cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Galaxy Z Fold3

floatyzebra
Investigator
Investigator

EE are very close to losing a long standing customer, I have been with them pretty much from when they took over Orange, but I've had enough now. I ordered a 256GB Phantom Black Z Fold 3 on the 6th of Oct paid for early upgrade and still none the wiser as to when it will arrive. All I'm hearing is 'waiting for stock' and 'chip shortage' and yes I get it, but NONE of this was made clear when I placed the order. There was no mention of waiting for stock or having to wait over two weeks/28 days. It's a pretty shoddy sales routine. They took my money instantly for an early upgrade, and yet here I am without an upgrade.

5 REPLIES 5
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @floatyzebra 

What device do you currently have?

It is normal for payment of goods before they are sent. As you are aware of part of the issue with supply chains and delivers. I’m not sure what difference it would make if EE said anything. Equality they may have has stock.

If you want specific information on your order which isn’t available via EE order tracking then I suggest you call EE CS on 150

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

It's irrelevant as to what device I currently have, my current phone is not the issue. As to what difference it would have made if EE had said something at the time of order, I may have chosen to go elsewhere had I been made aware of the situation.

I only became aware of the supply issues AFTER I placed the order, that is my issue. They knew they had supply/stock problems but made no point of telling me at the time of order. The website had no mention of it. 

I run a jewellery business, I offer next day first class delivery. I'm pretty sure my customers would be unhappy if I didn't have any stock and only told them AFTER they had placed their order that it would be 28 days. As a business, it would be ethical for me to inform them BEFORE they placed the order that there were supply issues.

@floatyzebra  

You mean like this here 

0A85EB79-A66E-4531-8562-1805F7D9D2D4.jpeg

it says usually not that it will be as EE can not control what Samsung send to them as they  (Samsung) make and ship the device out to all the sellers of the device.      Your not the only customer waiting for a Samsung device and when EE took your order and did Samsung inform EE of a production issue before you placed your order ?   Your assuming that EE knew about Samsungs production issue.  

When I ordered mine it said 7 days, not 28. You're obviously a huge EE fanboy and they can do no wrong in your eyes so I guess we'll leave the conversation there. Thank you for your input.

kingsultan
Visitor

I have been waiting since the start of September, I never even received an email or a text. EE gladly took my money and have offered no solutions or alternatives. I only bought the phone as I broke mine and Have basically remained without a smartphone. There is no help or support and no information