cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Data sim

fusebox_phil
Explorer

Hi I have data dongle unit, I have tried to register it, but the dongle has no SCREEN. the EE system wishes to send a code to the unit, to check numbe ron sim, how can it see code on dongle?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

it is a data sim only for connecting phones or laptops, with no connection. it is a peice of plastic with a phone sim in, and is about as big as a box of swanvesta matches, just has a on button and 3 lights. It has been working fine before the virus, so hasn't been used for 2 years, now will not work. have been in-touch with tech support and they say the sim is dead, it is no longer on their system, so have to get new sim. Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@fusebox_phil : Most mobile routers do SMS. Which model is yours?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

it is a data sim only for connecting phones or laptops, with no connection. it is a peice of plastic with a phone sim in, and is about as big as a box of swanvesta matches, just has a on button and 3 lights. It has been working fine before the virus, so hasn't been used for 2 years, now will not work. have been in-touch with tech support and they say the sim is dead, it is no longer on their system, so have to get new sim. Thanks for your help