cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Data lost

LouiseTpurple
Investigator
Investigator

I've noticed that my home data allowance (I have a 4GEE router) is always 2 or 3 down on the first day. I have hardly used the internet today and have not watched anything streaming at all but 3GB of data has disappeared already. Why?

3 REPLIES 3
wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Louise... I have a 4GEE router.  As a guide if we are just browsing the internet, shopping, emails, wifi, plus an internet radio we use quite a lot - we would use around 2-3GB in a day.  Youtube videos, music streaming, catch up TV, Zoom/Skype do tend to ramp this up of course.  Have you got anything else in the house that would use data?  Hope that helps.

I keep a very close eye on it and I usually use about 1gb a day. Often less. 3gb in one day is extraordinary. I have all my background data switched off. It happens the first day of every data refresh each month.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LouiseTpurple,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

3GB isn't an unusual amount of data to use in one day. Have you checked your connected devices to see which apps are consuming the most data?

Thanks

James