cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Customer service chat Blatant LIES

ladida
Contributor
Contributor

I seem to get a lot of lies on the customer service chat. Is this acceptable from EE? This has led me cancel two orders. Inconsistent information

Today I was being told your order is out for delivery and expect it today. Blatant lies order is still on awaiting confirmation yet the CS person tells me its been picked up at warehouse and out for delivery. When I asked for tracking number he said I will receive it shortly in SMS; which never came 😉

I have the chat print out if any of the moderators here want to have a look.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@ladida  Why was you calling if you knew this item was not out for delivery you fail to say.  

the moderators of this forum are not here to sort out your issues as that’s not on what a moderator does.   A moderator of a forum is to make sure that nothing inappropriate is being posted within a forum. The EE staff of this forum are not part of customer services 

@Chris_B Flipping the script nice.

I got in touch with them because I am desperate for a handset like many on this forum.

They told me today if I go for 'As good as new device' I would get a cheaper deal and delivery in a few days as these are in stock. Just as I was about to ask them to make the switch. The guy on the chat said wait I can see your order has been picked up from warehouse and is out for delivery today by DPD I have tracked it. Which of cause is not true because we all know there is shortage and long lead time. I ask for the tracking and I'm told its coming in a SMS shortly and nothing shows up and if it was true my DPD app would have picked it up like usual.

He then proceeds to ask me if I want to raise a complaint. And I say 'Yes' for misinformation. I receive a text saying complaint has been generated. At this point I am frustrated and just leave the chat hanging. A few minutes later someone else from EE picks up the same open chat claiming to be supervisor. I ask him to look at the chats above. And repeats the same thing. Its out for delivery today but I can not give you the tracking number.

I close the chat. A few minutes later I receive a text saying your complaint has be resolved and closed. Slam dunk. Probably the same person opening and closing the cases. Its ridiculous.

Apologies I thought you were part of the same team or linked with customer service.

@ladida    I’ve not flipped anything I just asked a question.  

This is a public forum that doesn’t have access to your account. 

You’ve not said when you order it or what device it is.   

@Chris_B Device is galaxy fold 3 black 256. Ordered 10/11/2021. I know this will not be here anytime soon. 

That  is why I was considering changing the order for one that is “as good as new” since they had told me those are in stock. 

that’s when the lies about the current order being out for delivery started. 

I am fully aware that there is a back log. But the lies are just to much. The topic was meant to be a way to channel a complaint. As it seems the guys on the chat service can open and close complaints themselves which is crazy. 

@ladida  This forum isn’t for complaints if you wish to make a formal complaint please read THIS on the different way to make a complaint.