cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Contacting someone higher up in EE customer services

Marc-TW
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I wondered if anyone has any tips for contacting someone who has actual power to do things in EE when contacting EE?

I'll explain why, I recently upgraded my account and in the process EE have managed to make two accounts instead of upgrading one. They are trying to charge me for both. I phoned up to cancel as soon as I knew what had happened and was assured it would be cancelled. A few days later I got a bill for the supposedly cancelled account. I phoned up again and was told it hadn't been cancelled. I was also told I would probably have to pay the £500+ cancellation fee to stop it despite never having asked for it!? It's ended now with them saying someone will call me back next week. But I have been in the call back situation before and no one called. The bill for the unasked and unwanted account will soon be overdue and I am worried this is going to call me issues.

So is there any way of getting to someone who can actually help as everyone I speak to doesn't want me to speak to anyone higher and just says someone will call, which so far hasn't ever happened? 

All I ever wanted to do was a simple upgrade, but I've ended up with a stupidly stressful situation. I know no one can do anything about the issue here so no need for replies telling me that, the question is just if there is a way of easily contacting someone more senior to deal with the issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Marc-TW  Who ever you speak with you’ll have to call customer services first to be put through.   When you call customer services ask for a manager,  you’ll probably need to explain the issues a few times.    

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Marc-TW.

I'm sorry to hear about this.

If you don't receive a call when you were told you would, please come back here and we will do our best to help you further.

Jon

I finally got through to someone who could help yesterday and hopefully it's now sorted. It looks like it had been cancelled over the weekend but they then tried to contact the cancelled number to notify me! Hopefully that's now the end of it. I wasn't expecting an upgrade to cause so many issues!

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for updating us, @Marc-TW.

Hopefully it's all sorted now.

Jon