cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Confused about packs/renewal

planetf1b
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

* Over the summer I took out a 50GB pack (which actually ended up being 85GB) on the summer promotion around 9 Jul. I only used this for a month - and it was a great way to experience EE as I have a view of moving to EE once my current contract with another operator ends. I had lots of trips and holidays during the following month making it a perfect time.

* I did not let the pack auto-renew as I'd take it out only for a test. I think there were conditions associated with the summer offer which required the renewal to be done in a week or so to retain the summer benefit (fair enough)

* I now get a text messaging saying :

You still need £20.00 credit to renew your £20 Pack.

If you want to choose a different pack, with our biggest ever data allowances of up to 60GB, go to at ee.co.uk/myee or reply ALL PACKS

* The EE app (iOS) under pack/addson, shows that my pack hasn't renewed (as expected, no credit), my next pack as '20 pack' but alongside data there is no number, just a spaceship icon
* When I login to 'myee' I can see the 20 pack, which shows  as 15GB data, but also tells me it didn't renew on 9th June 2021 due to no credit - interesting when I didn't even order the pack until 9 July....
* myee under 'packs' offers packs at 100GB=30, 30GB=20, 15GB=15 etc - which doesn't match with the item above?
* Sending 'ALL PACKS' to 150, provides the same info

So I'm slightly confused as to what data I'd get if I renewed.

Am I right in thinking
 * The offer I originally had is expired as I didn't meet the renewal terms (which I totally understand!)
 * If I just credit 20 and let the pack renew I'd get 15GB
 * If I explicitly select another pack FIRST then I'll get the new sizes (ie 30GB/20 ukp, or 15GB/20 ukp)
 * If I pay by card (?) I get 10% off these prices

?

Also if/when I want to switch to a full contract I see you are currently offering a discount pm. Does my payg account need credit, a pack, or is it just enough to be connected, in order to be eligible?

Sorry for the questions - I'm not used to PAYG. Also gone for high data volume contracts.. I'm just using PAYG to try out the network, and was really surprised all over the UK on my summer hols including scotland. EE was so often notably the best .... My current network is annoying me locally now, so wondering whether to use payg for some 'in-fill' over the next month or two before contract renewal/switch.

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @planetf1b

Welcome to the community, I'll do my best to answer all of your questions. 🙂

Yes, if your plan renews, you'll be on a £20, 15GB plan. You can remove that pack by texting STOP PACK to 150 or by choosing a new pack from the ones you mentioned.

We bring out new packs all of the time. The current ones can be seen on our pay as you go packs explained help page.

If you pay by direct card payment (which is like an automatic monthly card payment), you'd get 10% off your pack and your pack would automatically renew. 

As long as your SIM is still active you'll be eligible for switching to pay monthly.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Chris