cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Can't unlock phone bought from EE store

Humerach1
Explorer

Hi,

I bought my phone and sim under contract, but after 24 months I cancelled contract and I had to change my sim as someone from EE did something to it, i could no longer use it anymore. So i bought a pay as you go EE sim which I have had for over a year now. I have tried to unlock my device through My EE but it didn't work kept saying: "This device can't be unlocked. We're unable to unlock a device with this type of account". Please help. I really need to unlock my device.

Kind regards,

Humera

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Humerach1 : You sure you didn't get device itself with an EE contract from a 3rd-party reseller, like CPW? That's usually the reason the EE unlocking form won't recognise it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I bought my phone from an actual EE store in oxford street. The store itself is EE, an EE employee sold me my samsung s8+ device with a 24 month contract.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Humerach1

Welcome to the community. 

If you get in touch with our Mobile Care team on either 150 from an EE phone or 0800 079 8586 from any other phone, they will help you with your unlocking request. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.