cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Can't create EE account after receiving "Your next steps" email

CYSam
Visitor

Hi,

I have ordered my broadband and received SMS & email to proceed registering on My EE.

image.png

However, when I tried to register on the page and link to My EE broadband, I was rejected with "Your personal details don't match the ones we have, please try again" even I have checked all my details were correctly entered. Shall I contact the customer services hotline?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It wants your personal details as already registered with EE & is doing a security check. There's 1 thing in particular to be careful of when supplying your BB personal details.

The "Contact Email Address" requested when filling in the Home BB details is not necessarily the same as the email addy used as the username of the MyEE a/c being created or added to. It is the email addy EE already has on record for you for BB.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)