cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Can not buy additional line

nasose
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there

I was browsing earlier today the EE shop, trying to find a suitable sim only monthly plan for my wife and buy it as an additional line at my account. I saw the plans and came up with a suitable solution when I noticed that there was a small typo at my delivery & billing address (small but crucial). I made the change and ever since, I keep on getting the following message, when I try to visit the section with the additional line options

You're unable to add another product to your account at this time.

Does this error have to do with the fact that I changed my address or is it something else?

If the two are related, what do I do to solve it? just wait for a day or two?

(p.s. buying the additional line is not an emergency and can wait until error is fixed)

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@nasose  I will call customer services about this as basically you’ve changed your address and your now trying to sort out additional line on your account this could come across as someone’s hacked your account and trying to gain a contract in your name which is why you now have this error.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes a month or just over for it to rectify itself on its own. 

Thanks for your answer Chris. I need to also add that If I try to upgrade my current line or try to buy a broadband service or an accessory, I can do it without any issues at all!

totally weird!

In the meantime, I gave EE a ring and they told me that MAYBE the change of address is what is blocking my attempt to buy a 2nd line as this change needs to be updated on the backend as well. And this is something that can take from 24-48 hrs.