cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Can I have an order shipped from the store to my home address?

RhysCon94
Explorer

Hi there.

I recently ordered a Huawei P20 Pro but was unaware I would need to have ID to hand to pick it up in store (stupidity on my part having not read the requirements). Due to this my order is stuck in store unless I can provide photographic ID. I have read that if it's delivered to my home address a family member can sign for the delivery as long as they have photographic ID and the same surname. Is it possible for me to have order sent from the store to my home address or back to the warehouse then reshipped to my home address?

I was made aware someone could sign for it when I first ordered, but I chose the store option.

Or do ID cards with the holographic PASS logo count as photographic ID when picking up orders? I ordered a provisional driving licence, however I feel like this won't arrive in time for pick up but the PASS ID would arrive much more quickly.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

3 REPLIES 3
Lee_H
Legend
Legend

Hi @RhysCon94 and welcome to the community.

You would have to ask the store to return the device and then place another order.

We can accept driving licences but unfortunately unable to accept the PASS ID.

Many thanks,

Lee

Thanks!

I gave a call in and was advised of the same information just there.

I did ask about getting it sent back out to my home address if I reordered but they have advised me that DPD likely will request I be there to accept the delivery, which seems strange as I was advised that a family member could sign for it with their own photographic ID and the same surname when I ordered the phone and other posts on here appear to state that a family member can do just that. Is that correct?

I've also been advised I could ask them to hold the phone in store until my provisional arrives,  which would take longer. So I'm wondering if cancelling the order only to reorder it would be a waste of time in the long run.

Hi @RhysCon94

A family member with the same surname can sign for the equipment as long as they can provide their own acceptable proof of ID.

The device in store will be sent back automatically if it is not collected within a 14 day time frame.

Many thanks,

Lee