cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Attempted Scam by EE

TheSledge
Investigator
Investigator

I recently made an online order with EE to upgrade my phone and package again; we have been with EE for years ands always have the latest. The order and package was confirmed and arrangements made for me to send my older phone back as part of the deal.

A few days later the order was unilaterally cancelled by EE with no explanation. 

When I went online to check what it was about I saw that the deaI which had ordered was now marked as 'out of stock'. This was looked into by an online rep who then said he could find a new, better deal for me.

He then offered me EXACTLY the same package i.e. phone, contract, extras etc.

For £14/month more than the original CONFIRMED order of a few days before!

When I pointed this out the rep said he would get a manager to contact me to sort out this deal or a better one. Silence. What a pathetic situation.

Very disappointed in the organisation for attempting to extort more money from a deal which was already made/contract agreed. Will be looking to switch personal and business accounts and receive compensation.

Silly EE. Very poor practise.

6 REPLIES 6
TheSledge
Investigator
Investigator

My post detailing the scam of customers by EE has been removed. Someone needs to contact me urgently.

@TheSledge : No, it hasn't; it's still here. It may have disappeared temporarily while you were verifying your email addy.

No one will contact you from this user discussion forum other than thro' the medium of these forum by posts such as this. Anyway we haven't the faintest idea who you are.

This user discussion forum can have no access to your specific account. You need to query this with CS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TheSledge

I am very sorry to hear this has happened.

You can view all your posts within your community profile

Was the phone back in stock when you called or was the offer for a different model/size that was in stock?

Thanks. 

Leanne.

It was exactly the same phone, model, size, deal, extras.

It was the same offer. But £14/month more.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

I see @TheSledge

To help you get this looked into, I've sent you a private message on here for some extra details. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

For completeness Leanne_T did correspond privately but was unable to offer anything other than having a front-line team contact me.

Bottom line is the phone was miraculously found to be in stock again today. However, the cost of £69/month, as per the confirmed order, was out of stock. Whereas £73/month was in stock. Same phone. Same package. Same details. Same extras.

It's laughable and a bait and switch.

Formal complaint opened.

Caveat emptor and shame on you EE. It's a very low trick.