cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Apple Watch Deal

KateBrand_10
Explorer

I was in the Manchester store yesterday and took advantage of the deal on the Apple watch SE.  When I got it home I felt that actually if felt like I would prefer a fitbit watch. 

I tried to take it back on the understanding that i would have a 14 day cooling off period.  The guy told me (quite rudely) that I was not entitled to return it and the 14 day cooling off period did not apply. 

Can someone confirm if this is the case?  I thought the law dictated a cooling off period?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@KateBrand_10  The cooling of period is for online or phone sales only as the device itself isn’t in front of you

this doesn’t apply to store sales. 

Chris,

Thank you for your prompt response.  This was certainly not made clear to me.  Also, these are complex devices, I would never be able to assess whether it was a product that met my needs in store.

If I had bought direct from apple or any other retailer, I would have the right to return.

What other retailers do is above and beyond what the law dictates.

EE is complying with the law. There is no 14 day cooling off period from purchasing in store.

This law is enshrined in the Distance Selling Act. Which the name suggest Distance. You were up close and personal with the item before purchasing.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

@KateBrand_10   If your purchasing from apple you wouldn’t have a data contract for the watch.     What you trying to do is terminate that contract that you agreed to pay over the 24 months.   That’s a contract that you agreed too and the terms of that contract.    This is more than just returning the device as the device came with a contract and your now trying to change the terms of the contract by ending early.  

GSILVESTRE03
Visitor

What exact watch did you get