cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Same Google Pixel problem repeatedly

liveru
Visitor

Hi there, I have a Google Pixel 4 XL. In February I had a problem with the battery, saying that the phone couldn't read the battery meter and not charging. I sent it off and it was repaired, with the explanation that it was a charging issue and I should only use the cable that came with the phone. I have no other cables that can connect with the phone so that's a moot point. Then it happened again in May. Once again I sent it off for repair and it came back, repaired, with the same explanation.

It has now happened again for the third time. To be honest, I'm getting a little sick of it. I've searched online and it seems to be a common complaint on Google forums, especially after an update.

I don't know what to do now, because I still have a year left on my contract, however, every few months the phone is falling and I'm having to send it off for repairs!

Thankfully, I still have my old Huawei (which I never had any problem with), so people can still get in contact with me.

Any advice would be helpful. I did want to chat directly online, but apparently it's easier to land a 4000/1 bet than do that.

2 REPLIES 2
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @liveru 

Have you discussed a claim against the warranty with Google?

JamesG4s
Visitor

Hi, I am having exactly the same issues! I too am beginning to get sick of it, I have a year left of my contract and I'm not wanting to spend the next year going back and forth between old phone and sending off new (refurbished) ones!

I'm on my third now and it's happened the soonest out of all the replacements... An impressive 2 months into this one its happening again. Have gone through Google previously but I'm sure they'll suggest the whole procedure we've done before so thought I'd try going through EE this time however it's not without its hurdles, please post any progress you've had with your issue as I'll be more than interested to see what else I can do!