cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Apple Music Smart Benefit not working on temp phone

bpants
Investigator
Investigator

Hi.

I am currently using a replacement handset (Huawei Mate Pro) due to dropping mine over the weekend. I tried to put Apple Music back on it but when it goes to verify me via text it says I have no subscription. I've been to CS the past 2 days who have either refreshed it and/or took away smart benefit and added it back on. Neither of these things have worked.

Is the issue with Apple?

Thanks

BP

4 REPLIES 4
bpants
Investigator
Investigator

Found this topic by searching Google, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. CS haven't been able to sort it.

--------------

Hi.

I am currently using a replacement handset (Huawei Mate Pro) due to dropping mine over the weekend. I tried to put Apple Music back on it but when it goes to verify me via text it says I have no subscription. I've been to CS the past 2 days who have either refreshed it and/or took away smart benefit and added it back on. Neither of these things have worked.

Is the issue with Apple?

Thanks

BP

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bpants

Is it possible that you used a different email address to register for Apple Music?

Does it send the text message or do you get the error message afterwards?

Chris

From memory I just clicked on a link and it has used my EE number as my Apple ID. I spoke to Apple and i've now changed that to my EE email address.

I open Apple Music, state I am a member through EE, then a message states it is sending me a code to my number...then nothing. I have tried entering the number in various formats (07, using 44 etc) and nothing.

Apple are adamant the issue is with EE. I had no issues on my previous handset.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @bpants

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris