cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Adding phone number to EE account >> says already registered >> it's not

OllieS
Explorer

I moved from vodafone to EE and ported my number. 

when I try to registed this number with my EE account on the mobile app OR on the web EE system says my number is already registered... this has been going on for two weeks and I've had several calls with technical support who say they cannot help but time will solve it... this is crazy. what's the fix?

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @OllieS 

Some accounts are activated automatically with the email address you supply when taking out a new contract/upgrading.

Did you receive a text message or an email to tell you this, shortly after taking out the contract?

Chris

EE still haven’t sorted this out despite commenting to me via tech support phone calls that it’ll be fixed within days. Nonsense. 

I’ll await the response to official complaint via 

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/make-a-complaint

ALIBONG0
Visitor

Apparantly its an error that they dont know how to fix! Ive been with ee forever and when i log in to the app it says add number, takes me to the website and i have to log in. 

Just log in and the go to the menu on the right hand side and you can view usage, transfer data etc. You can just ignore the add number section.

No idea when it will be fixed, pretty poor to be honest and only affecting certain users. My friends dont have this issue. Mine happened when i updated my email address with ee!