cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Activate new sim

Cooper-dash
Explorer

I have lost my old sim so ordered a new one, however the sim still hasn’t automatically updated and it’s been about about 8 hours since I inserted it. 

is this normal ? 

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cooper-dash   I assume you ordered a replacement SIM card and you did this via calling customer services ? 

@Chris_B  I just ordered the sim online, it came yesterday with a letter.I didn’t need to call.

the letter says I only need to set it up with the pin if I’m upgraded but I haven’t.

the sim still isn’t on this morning 

I'm new here and activated a brand new SIM yesterday.

Did you go through the process at the shown URL and select that the old SIM/phone was lost?

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/activate-a-new-sim/how-do-i-activate-an...

Edit: the URL was contained in one of my order emails.

I guess usually a pin is sent to the old SIM so the lost route is pretty important.

In terms of the new SIM activation process I found it a little unclear as it wasn't addressed explicitly. After activation, activation pin messages were seen which obviously wouldn't have been available earlier.

Edit2: I do see the pinned post staying just to insert the SIM and nothing else but guess it's worth giving above URL a shot. Perhaps the process has changed?

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/SIM-cards/How-to-activate-your-new-EE-pay-monthly-SIM-Card/m-p/709712/...

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

You needed to have ordered a replacement SIM to keep your existing no. That's what replacement SIMs are for. It seems you have just ordered online a new any-old SIM instead of calling CS to report the loss.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)