cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Access voicemail via cellular Apple watch

Kielty23
Contributor
Contributor

I have an iPhone and an Apple Watch s5 on EE.

I can make calls and receive calls on my Apple Watch whilst away from my phone.

one thing I noticed is I can’t access my voicemails via the Apple Watch while away from the phone.

voicemail works fine on the phone and can be accessed via my watch whilst connected to my phone.

is this normal behaviour or do I need to get something adjusted?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Jon, spoke to technical support and they made some adjustments to my voicemail enabling visual voicemail.

thus has fixed the issue. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Kielty23   Yes you can, you need to open the phone app on the watch and scroll down to voicemail. 

Appreciate the response but that’s not the issue. If I try to connect to voicemail on my watch whilst not near my iPhone it won’t work. I can only access my voicemail via the watch (phone app) whilst connected to my iPhone.

thanks again.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Kielty23.

What happens when you try to use voicemail when away form your phone?

Do you get an error message or error tone?

Jon

Hi Jon, I get a message stating ‘voicemail is not active in your account if the issue persists to contact customer services’ I spoke to tech support and they think this is normal behaviour on cellular and that the voicemail is only accessible when the watch is connected to the iPhone. To be fair they didn’t sound too confident. 

can anyone recreate this or do I need to speak further to EE?

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Kielty23.

I'd recommend speaking with our Tech Gurus about this, they will be able to help you further.

Jon

Thanks Jon, spoke to technical support and they made some adjustments to my voicemail enabling visual voicemail.

thus has fixed the issue. Thanks again.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for letting me know it's sorted, @Kielty23 🙂

I've got this problem too

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Goody2b.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Gurus too.

They will be able to help you with this.

Jon