cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4g router signal

DS1973
Visitor

Hi, we are thinking of moving to a rural location and my S10 phone on showed 8Mbs download and 1.5Mbs upload from the car outside the house.  Does anyone have any experience of whether the 4g EE router with an antenna improves the speed generally or do people find it is like for like?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi DS1973.  I have an app on my phone called 'Network Cell Info Lite' (it's free).  If you are in the location it will show you the nearest mast and give you an idea of potential speeds.

I have a 4GEE router and am only about 0.5m away from the nearest transmitter so my speeds are very good (circa 70-80Mbps download & 25-30 upload.  I just use a couple of small stub aerials attached to the router as I don't need an antenna.

I would call EE and ask about your specific location to see if the antenna would improve things - my understanding is they need a decent line of sight to the mast, no big hills in the way.

Network Cell Info is a very useful app for getting the radio parameters for your serving cell, but there are much better apps out there if you're looking for mapping data.