cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4GEE mobile device no lights?

Jimbo26
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve just purchased a monthly plan for a 4GEE MiFi device. I’ve followed the set up instructions and all is working OK but I have no light on the device itself, is this correct or should I have lights visible all the time? 

9 REPLIES 9
Alex_S
EE Employee

Hi @Jimbo26 

Welcome to the community 🙂

On the 4GEE WiFi Mini, once the device is fully charged, you will see the circles around the power button all light up. This is an indication of how full the battery is.

While the device is not in use it will go into stand by mode so the lights wont be on all of the time unless the power button is pressed.

Alex 🙂

Hi Alex

Thank you for your response. The device I have is the new yellow one with the capability for usb charging other devices. 

There are no lights around the power button? The light on the black screen only stay on for a minute or too then go off? 

If this is correct how do I know if it’s switched on without any visible sign or how much signal I’ve got, battery etc?

stay safe

Jimbo

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Is it this 4GEE WiFi device, @Jimbo26?

If not, could you send us a picture of it using the camera icon? We'll do our best to help.

Chris

Yes Chris it is and it looks the same when I’m charging and switched on and in use (no lights)

Christopher_G

I haven't used this one personally myself, @Jimbo26 so I'm not 100% at the minute.

From the pictures, it seems there are indicators on the front?

Am I right in saying they look like little LED lights, but don't light up at all?

Chris

Yes they do light up but only after pressing the power button. After chatting with EE support EE are sending me a replacement. Strange the device works but give no visual indication that it’s switched on or connect to anything? The only way I know it is switched on and working is I can see the SSID and connect to the WiFi (other than pressing the power button).

Hope the replacements works?

many thanks, stay safe

Jimbo

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Jimbo26

Let us know how you get on with the replacement WiFi device 🙂

Leanne.

Will do Leanne

Sent from my iPhone
Leanne_T