cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Unable to register mifi device to get through registration page.

ZoeAngeloni
Visitor

I have a 4g ee mifi that I need to top up to work. I have the app and have registered. Used the mobile device option to try to link mifi device, entered the number on the sim( which is accepted) but cant complete the process as it needs me to verify the number by responding to the text generated to the number.

obviously as it is not a phone, I can’t do this.

Have just moved house and have missed nearly a whole day of work trying to sort this and working from a hotspot 

Please tell me what I am missing

2 REPLIES 2
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @ZoeAngeloni ,

If you access the management page of the mobile router, you should be able to retrieve text messages and respond to them as required.

A search of the documentation online and these forums should explain how you access the router's management page. Good luck!

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

MyEE doesn't work for registering PAYG MBB devices or at least those with data SIMs. It stops at telling you to connect your device & login to it, but when you've done as instructed it doesn't have anywhere for you to say you've done it.

You may continue using your device but you just can't register it to MyEE.

Go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status from the device will tell you your usage.

Go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from the device to buy add-ons.

These should still work.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)