cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transitioning to eSIM (iPhone 14s)

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I know that in the US, the iPhone 14 models are all going eSim only.  I doubt this is happening in the UK and that we'll still need to swap physical SIMS.  But what I'd like to know is whether the process of moving to an eSIM/replacing an eSIM has improved, because it looks like one has to wait on the post for the eSIM QR code.

Is this still the case, or an eSIMs be ordered/replaced/activated via the EE account itself?

22 REPLIES 22
Umiamz
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I had issues transferring the eSIM from my 13 Pro Max to my 14 Pro Max - it said that there were no numbers to transfer.

After upgrading the 14 Pro Max to iOS 16.0.1 it worked fine. As @Chris_B said, both devices need to be running iOS 16 with Bluetooth enabled.

uvarvu
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Mine were, as part of the transfer process my new phone updated to iOS 16.1 (I’m on the beta program) before the SIM transfer step was attempted.

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I performed the Quick Transfer on the iPhone 14 Pro Max, and the eSIM went fine.  Had a scary moment at the end of the transfer when the iPhone 14 Pro Max's screen went completely blank and wouldn't respond to anything (though something *was* happening, because keyboard haptics were responding).  Couldn't even bring it into Apple Configurator 2, but thankfully after keeping the side button down for long enough (at least a minute), the thing came back with "iPhone Unavailable, please try again in 1 minute" and I was able to put in the phone's PIN and all was well.

Apart from that, all is good.