Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing Apple watch

rfinch231
Investigator
Investigator

D00082D9-07E7-48DC-85FB-6187862E24C8.png

Hi,

So I have a new iPhone 14 but my Apple Watch plan will not pair with it. The watch is synced to the phone. It just will not put on the EE plane. I have tried turning off Wi-Fi on both the phone and watch but get the same. 

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@rfinch231   Keep Wi-Fi switched off on both devices you do this over cellular data.    You could try repairing the device again from scratch and see if it then works. 

Sadly tried that several times with the WiFi off on both devices and it makes no difference. Sim seems fine in the phone using voice and data no problem. Watch works in every way , just will not connect to the data plan for the watch. Even double checked my account with EE and the plan is active or at least I hope it is as I am paying for it. Think it may be time to give EE a call.

But thank you for your input.

Sent from my iPad
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rfinch231 

Thanks for coming here. 

It sounds like you have done everything you can to get the phone and watch paired, this will need looked into for you, please call us on 150 and the team will be happy to help. 

Leanne 🙂

So I have been in contact with Ee support several times and this is still not resolved. I am coming to the conclusion I have not got through to anyone yet who is capable of resolving this issue. I was given the complete runaround last night being advised to go through the below procedure only to see the last stage was impossible as the Apple Watch does not have a camera. One phone call the call was dropped without notice. Another call seemed to fix the issue but within ten minutes the same error occurred. 

The process I was asked to follow: never going to work as the watch does not have a camera to scan the QR code????

Go to Account Settings and select Manage your SIM and then Replace your SIM/eSIM

Select Download on another device and scan the QR code on the screen with the device you wish to download to. Then tick to confirm you have downloaded the eSIM.

Select Digital

Tick the boxes to confirm the number you will be using on your new eSIM and that you understand your old SIM/eSIM will be disabled when you new eSIM is activated.

Select Confirm for the One Time Pin to be sent.

Select Confirm for the One Time Pin to be sent.

A confirmation message will let you know your new eSIM is activated and ready to use.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @rfinch231.

Did you manage to speak to one of our Tech Gurus?

They'll be the best team to help you and be able to raise an investigation ticket if they can't fix it straight away.

Jon

Not yest I need to find some available time.

Roy
Sent from Mail<> for Windows
MonicaGill
Investigator
Investigator

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this paired issue between your Apple Watch and iPhone. Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:-

Basic Checks:-

• Proximity:- Make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are close together, ideally within a few inches of each other, during the pairing process.
  • Bluetooth and Wi-Fi:- Ensure Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on both devices. You can check this in the Control Center on your iPhone and in Settings > Bluetooth on your Apple Watch.
  • Airplane Mode:- Both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are disabled in Airplane Mode. Verify Airplane Mode is off on both devices.

Restarting Devices:- A simple restart can often resolve temporary glitches. Restart both your iPhone and Apple Watch.

Unpair and Re-pair:- If the above steps don't work, try unpairing and then re-pairing your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
1. On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
2. Tap on "All Watches" at the top of the screen.
3. Select your Apple Watch and tap the "i" icon next to it.
4. Tap on "Unpair Apple Watch."
5. Now follow the on-screen instructions on your iPhone to pair your Apple Watch again.

Two ways to reset your Apple Watch:-

• With iPhone:- Open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap on "All Watches," select your Apple Watch, tap the "i" icon, and then choose "Erase Apple Content and Settings."
  • On Apple Watch:- On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

More effective assistance below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ32Gy0XtHE&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

@MonicaGill   Really a link to your own YouTube content.      This thread is from 2022 also 

And just Google search of 

“How to set up an Apple Watch on EE”

Brings up a truck load of information from EE 

Or alternative 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207578