cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5 PIN added 2 unknown digits (4 to 6)

Wildman10
Visitor

I’ve searched the internet but can’t find a simple answer to this so I’d be grateful if someone can explain to me how to sort this.

I have an iPhone 5 that I hadn’t used for a while. It had a 4 digit PIN but now asks for a 6 digit PIN that I can’t get past.  I don’t remember adding digits and the ones I would have used, using the same technique as on my latest phone, don’t work.  I’ve tried what I think are obvious additional digits but have given up due to the long time before I’m allowed another go.

I don’t remember when I last updated the software and can’t check which version it has as I can’t get past the PIN.

The phone is old but my wife wants a small phone and her current one is even older and has just about had it.  I could buy a new phone but I hate to throw things away.

Is there an easy way of finding out what the extra digits are or, if not, how can I get past the PIN?  Thanks in advance for any help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Wildman10  There is no way to find out what the 2 digits are.  it wouldn’t be a secure if you couldn’t 
Your only option is to restore the device via a PC and iTunes.   You will need to know the iCloud account the device is locked to so you can set this device back up.   You’ll need to put the device into recovery or DFU mode to do this this.   

Please see THIS 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Wildman10  There is no way to find out what the 2 digits are.  it wouldn’t be a secure if you couldn’t 
Your only option is to restore the device via a PC and iTunes.   You will need to know the iCloud account the device is locked to so you can set this device back up.   You’ll need to put the device into recovery or DFU mode to do this this.   

Please see THIS