Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Devices, IPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello Everyone,

Anyone ordering the new IPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max, there could be serious delays, due to China closing its factory because of Covid 19, but Apple are looking at alternatives to get these phones out, so delivery is slow at present, this is not EE’s fault or any other networks fault.

I am writing this, in order to help anyone wondering why there is no progress in the shipments, as have read this over the weekend and hoping customers will calm down and hope our EE staff here are happy with me writing this.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
3 REPLIES 3
WS1995
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Ordered the 14 Pro Max 256GB Space Black about 10 days or so ago, just like when the iPad Pro was released last year I was expecting long delays (I waited about 52 days from order to delivery for the iPad). 

I had assumed the delay would be due to the supposed still ongoing "Chip shortages" but seems in this case it's more a factory being closed down...

Would be nice if Apple could give some estimate to EE who in turn could provide an approximate time to their customers, rather than just the standard "Your order is on track" essentially meaning "We don't know when you'll get it"... could be 6 weeks or 6 months.

Darius1212
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Let me be clear here. I’m consumer who ordered and currently waiting already 5 weeks for iPhone 14 pro max. Now don’t get me wrong I do appreciate the fact the factories in China are closed but also I would appreciate some kind of communication from ee and indeed Apple themselves. Silence is never good in these situations and just causes people to get angry and vent frustration here and in ee stores. Why does Apple and ee do it? Not sure, maybe because they don’t know themselves which they could be honest and tell us or maybe they don’t want to do that because it would mean customers will not order iPhones but other phones instead or will wait another year for iPhone 15? I’m not frustrated or upset but disappointed as I upgrade every year to have the latest phone as I like technology and work hard for it. I feel that by the time I will get my iPhone 14 pro max will be old news already and wonder if it is really worth the wait now. 

WS1995
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I've checked the Apple store to get an idea of when it is likely that stock will be available. For the same model I ordered, 14 Pro Max 256GB Space Black - it's currently showing as available for delivery between December 3rd to December 5th to my nearest Apple store which is only a few miles away.

On this basis I'm allowing an extra week for the devices to be shipped out to EE and then forwarded onto customers, so I'm kind of hoping that I'll get my order in the early December batch that Apple ship out to EE but I won't hold my breath. 

Kind of hoping to get it no later than 10th-11th December, so just over a month from now as it's been nearly two weeks so far.