cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing ESim between iPhones frequently

maralmjs
Explorer

Hi. I have two iPhones, one is my daily driver, and the other one is more of a ’rugged’ one for use with sports and when I go abroad.  Is there a limit to how often I can swap esims between the two phones on a regular basis?

2 REPLIES 2
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @maralmjs

I don't believe there is a limit on how many times you can swap but requesting multiple replacement eSIM QR codes may cause a problems. 

Would it be easier using a physical SIM?

Katie

hisamuran
Investigator
Investigator

Indeed @Katie_B there is no limit, but the process is very cumbersome and can really get frustrating to the point of being left without service, see my post here https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/SIM-cards-Porting/eSIM-frustration-went-back-to-physical-SIM-after-1-d... 

Having 2 iPhones makes it really easy since you have the "Quick Transfer" option from Apple so is super easy and hassle free. But, if you have 1 android and 1 iPhone then each time you need to request a "replacement eSIM" and setup in target phone without removing the eSIM on the original phone since EE send an SMS verification code to the original phone in order for the eSIM to be enabled on the target phone. If you check my post above, you'll see what I mean (I, myself was left with no service at all after EE support requested me to try my eSIM on another device... what a frustrating adventure really).

TLDR: @maralmjs  stick with iPhones for eSIM if having multiple devices and need frequent switching.

Living the EE life