cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi Fi Calling Disconnecting - iPhone 12 Mini

Eltel
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Since changing from an iPhone 11 to iPhone 12 mini my WiFi Calling service frequently disconnects, usually after leaving home and coming back in. It can only be reactivated by rebooting the phone, turning WiFi or aeroplane mode on and off has no effect. WiFi reconnects ok and I have full internet access. I have no signal at all at home so this is important to me, previous iPhones 6,7 and 11 have all worked ok.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eltel
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Leanne_T 

I haven't had the problem since Network Settings reset 4 days ago, early days but looks hopeful.  Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Eltel.

Can you have a look in Settings, then Mobile Data, scroll right to the bottom and see if WiFi Assist is turned on?

Jon

Eltel
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

No it isn't - I've never had that enabled. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Eltel.

Can you try forgetting the WiFi network in Settings, then connect to it again using the password?

Jon

Eltel
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks @Jon_K 
Yes I’ve tried that a few times, and router reboot, manual and auto selection of channels as well. It reconnects to WiFi fine and everything else works, except Wi-Fi calling, unless I restart the phone. It doesn’t happen every time, which makes it difficult to track down.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks, @Eltel

Could you try resetting the network settings on your phone please?

Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Chris

Eltel
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes will do and see what happens, I think I might have tried that but will do it again.

Thanks

Leanne_T

Let us know how it goes @Eltel

Leanne.

Eltel
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Leanne_T 

I haven't had the problem since Network Settings reset 4 days ago, early days but looks hopeful.  Thanks for your help.

James_B

Thanks for the update @Eltel 🙂

James