cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Apple Watch

MVA
Investigator
Investigator

I got an Apple Watch last weekend when I went into store to upgrade my phone. I’m really disappointed and dissatisfied with the Apple Watch. The Fitbit I had was much better. My question is, can I return the watch and cancel my contract for the watch?

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @MVA 

If purchased in store, no becase there is no cooling off with in-store purchases, unless the item is faulty.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks for the reply. Do you work for EE or are you a fellow customer? Whether you purchase in store or online/over the phone the process is the same, you’re buying something you cannot try or use until after you’ve purchased it.

@MVA  The process isn’t the same as you do not have the product in your hands when you purchase online or  over the phone.   With a store sale you can look at the products as they are on display for you to try.  If one isn’t on display you can ask for it to try.   It’s there for you to try.   there is no cooling off period with store sales.  The law is you get minimum 14 days with online or phone sales this doesn’t apply to store sales. 

Looking at it is not the same as using it in practice on a daily basis. If they won’t let me return it I’ll have to try and sell it and make some of the money back as I won’t be using it and it will end up just sat in a drawer otherwise. Honestly so disappointed with the watch.

@MVA  it’s called distance selling law. The device is not in front of you when you purchase online or on the phone. It is in front of you in a store.      Distance selling laws and purchasing in stores have nothing todo with daily usage.   It’s the fact you can see it and touch it before you purchase it with a store sale you can do that with an online/phone sale.  

Im not stupid so please don’t speak to me like I am. The point I was trying to make is regardless of how I purchased it, I am not happy with the watch. Neither in store or distance selling give you a true opportunity to know how the item will perform when you get it home and use it. I have spoken to two different people in EE customer service this morning, both told me I can return to store. I’m not sure if they will allow me to return or not but I guess I’ll find out when I get to the store.