cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Ultra watch refund

Amanda1967
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well after the disaster of my preorder and ee not processing it till the 12th after taking £190 on the preorder day. I cancelled it Thursday night as getting nowhere fast. I received my refund today. It was quicker to get the refund than sort out the watch 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

17 REPLIES 17
mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Having been a customer of EE for many years, I'm used to the many varying dates - being told one thing or another.  The truth is that between Apple sending EE stocks and EE selling them, their systems are simply unable to cope with giving accurate real-time stock availability at the time of placing the order.  This happens all the time during new product launches - well, at least Apple product launches.  I doubt it will change anytime soon unless EE heavily invest in better stock management systems.  (Given the eye watering cost of upgrading to the iPhone 14 Pro Max and the £190 Ultra fee, I hope they spend those upfront costs wisely..)

However, to charge upfront costs as much as EE are doing and giving estimates for next day delivery whilst charging £10 for the privilege is definitely not on.  It may be that the system says there is stock at the time it was last updated, but in reality, all stock had been depleted.  The very least EE can do is refund the delivery charge as a consequence.

I've looked at the possibility of getting the Ultra via Amazon and elsewhere, but there is such a shortage that I can wait the 28 days it mentioned on the site at the time of order (though the operator told me that it should be with me in 7 days, though I somwhat doubt it).  The quickest way of actually getting the phone online from what I could see was to order a medium sized Alpine Loop on Amazon and buying a larger strap from Apple.  No, I can wait.  Many worse problems in the world right now and I have my phone and AirPods Pro 2 to keep me going.

don't need to wait

John Lewis has them in stock

I ordered mine at 5pm y'day and it's ready to collect

https://www.johnlewis.com/apple-watch-ultra-gps-cellular-49mm-titanium-case-with-yellow-ocean-band/p...

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm going to wait - besides which, the earlier the device arrives probably means early bugs that need to be ironed out.  That was certainly the case for the iPhone 14 (Pro) which had an immediate update followed by another one to fix the bugs the other update didn't fix 🙂 

There's already an update to WatchOS specifically for the Ultra, and goodness knows what else could be lurking in the system.  Waiting a week or month should give me some idea of what to expect...

Amanda1967
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I checked John Lewis yesterday ( Saturday 24th)in Liverpool but sold out in store and was advised to check on their on line store . While in store I did and was able to order the ultra watch I wanted with the band I wanted and have next day delivery . Woke this morning to email from John Lewis and DPD order arriving today (Sunday 26th) Less than 24hours after ordering Luck maybe put they did have a good selection of ultra watches with different straps available . 

Amanda1967
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Apple was a complete nightmare in Liverpool yesterday ,staff running around and trying to place orders and picks and the internet in store was shocking,even staff said .. Tried twice with different ultra watches but by the time it processed they had sold out . Left empty handed . 

John Lewis to the rescue,ordered and arriving today . Less than 24hrs later . Happy me 

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well, sod it.  I just noticed that Amazon have started to get more stock of the Ultra in the right sizes, so I've ordered via Amazon (and I'll pay the thing off faster with them than EE).  So I'm now cancelling the EE order and will just get a data plan instead.

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It was quite interesting talking to the customer service representative.  They seemed to think that I *should* have had the watch by now as their systems were showing it was going to be delivered last Friday but they ran out of stock.  If I had waited, it would have turned up sometime this week (apparently), but again, how good is the data that customer services is given from their systems?

it's all moving goal posts my friend. don't trust any of them.