cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t buy the new Apple Watch from EE! No stock and awful service!

Coney3173
Investigator
Investigator

So….. 

ordered the series 8 pre launch day and I didn’t arrive… waited and waited but in the end I cancelled the order. 

Phoned up yesterday and asked upgrades what was in stock???? I got told the ultra was in stock and available for next day delivery. Paid the upfront cost for the watch and £9.95 for next day delivery….. 

guess what? The watch didn’t arrive! Just spoke to customer services and there’s no stock with expected delivery 21 days! Yet yesterday they had stock and promised it would be with me. 

I’ve cancelled the order and am giving up ordering the new watch. 

13 REPLIES 13
FlyinChapatti
Investigator
Investigator

So I pre-ordered my watch on the 9th, the day pre-orders were open. RKO order number received, £190 taken out of my account. The week of the release I call customer service, am assured the order will be fulfilled on time. Then the day before - I call again, "wait till 8pm" and that I will get my DPD delivery confirmation. 8am Friday, no watch, no email, no EE communication. I call EE again, am told now that the supervisor Jason assured the sales rep to tell me my watch will be with me within 48 hours - "Sunday I said, are you sure?" - this changed to 72 hours, then the bomb drops - actually my watch is now on a 28 day back order! Not happy at all. I have a complaint in place, call back with a TL today, I have also asked for a copy of all the calls this week under SAR. So will be posting the content of these calls, highlighting the incompetencies of all staff involved on all popular news and social media outlets. Stay tuned, stay safe and stay vigilant against deceit, lies and false promises!

That is horrendous.

Luckily I’m at the end of both my contracts with EE, I think I’ll be giving them the 👋

Sent from my iPhone

This will be down to Apple, check their website, it will also depend when EE get stock, how many have ordered as deliveries are done on a first come first serve and EE is not the only network and also not the only country, but good luck if you can get them elsewhere quicker. 

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
It’s not down to Apple when EE say “yeah it’s in stock, pay £9.95 and your new watch will be with you tomorrow.”

Tomorrow comes and there’s no watch!

And how bizarre…. Yesterday it was in stock and now it’s 21 days at least for delivery.

Apple may be to blame for the stock issue but they can’t be blamed for the incompetent sales staff.

Sent from my iPhone

@Coney3173 , you will get notification the evening before delivery from DPD and another one on the day of delivery. It also depends how many are before you as deliveries are on a first come first serve, you are welcome to try to get it elsewhere, if you are in that much of a hurry.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
You’re missing the point.

The sales chap put me on hold for ages and was 100% confident that the watch was in stock!

This wasn’t the first time this has happened either! I pre ordered the watch before launch date and was promised delivery for launch date.

So that’s two apple orders EE have assured me I’ll get and both have failed.

12 years I’ve been an EE customer and today I’ve left.

Sent from my iPhone
Amanda1967
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I had to cancel mine also as just getting the run around. walked into John Lewis in Liverpool yesterday  and sold out in store ……BUT AVAILABLE ON LINE…. Ordered on line while in store and paid for next day delivery and it’s arriving today ( Sunday) with dpd. That’s less than 24 hours after ordering. Had confirmation 6am this morning for John Lewis and DPD my watch is arriving today. Now that’s what I call service. 

@Amanda1967  No that’s what you call lucky.  Right place right time.  No seller can guarantee stock when an Apple product is released.  Demand is so high that obviously any devices received in will be given to all who pre-ordered and then they will be some who do get the product. . But congrats on the watch. 

Amanda1967
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Aw thank you,you’re probably right.

Sent from my iPhone