cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch delivery saga

Coney3173
Investigator
Investigator

Ordered an Apple Watch pre launch with an expected delivery date of launch day…

The Tuesday after launch day I was told it would be with me by Thursday/Friday. 

Just called them now and guess what????

Give it until Monday????? Cant tell me if it’s in stock and can’t give any indication of when it’s going to arrive. 

Absolutely appalling… The world is promised from the sales team and that’s where the customer service ends. 

If EE said to me that it’s not going to be in until October id accept that! It’s the constant fobbing off I’m getting sick of. 

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Coney3173  There is a difference bee a device in stock and device that’s been pre ordered.   A device in stock means anyone who orders it can get it as it’s on the shelf to be sold.  A pre-order device isn’t a stock device as that device doesn’t make it to a shelf for someone to order as it’s given to the next customer who’s in the queue for that model type.  So asking about what stock is available is totally irrelevant to you.   Once a device can be allocated to you you’ll be notified about the pending delivery,  don’t forget EE have to get these from apple and apple are not just supplying EE and they can not keep up with demand.  

That’s fascinating but my issue isn’t with the stock…

My issue is the fact that I was promised delivery on launch day and it didn’t arrive…

I then phoned after launch day and was told again I’d have it by Thursday/Friday.

It’s lip service over the phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Amanda1967
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I totally understand what you’re saying . Same as myself,ordered pre order day ,took money out same day,promised delivery on launch day. Rang up CS last night to be told it’s an open order and don’t know when it will arrive and that came after two emails saying my order was on track. Cancelled my order last night and now have to wait 4 days for my £190 to be refunded. 

maureennina
Investigator
Investigator
  • Hi, I’m having exactly the same problem- spoke to customer services yesterday who said to wait until Tuesday!! They also couldn’t give me any other details-

Amanda what did you order?  I’ve just phoned EE, cancelled my order and ordered a different watch which they say is in stock. I’ve been promised it tomorrow. 

Amanda1967
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Ordered the trail loop in black and grey . Couldn’t get any answers last night on delivery so cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone

I’ve just phoned up and cancelled my order and asked what watches are in stock. The Apple Watch ultra starlight is in stock and I’ve been promised next day delivery.. watch this space 

Guess what? 

paid £190 for the watch and £9 delivery for it to come tomorrow.. have I had a text from DPD to say it’s on route?????

have I heck…. 

will be another 35 minute call again. 

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Give them time to open the depot!  IME the DPD texts tend to arrive around 9-11am on day of delivery.  Hope that helps.