cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

S10+ / DPD - Why is my delivery delayed until Monday?

CrimpingMadness
Investigator
Investigator

So I preordered my S10+ on tuesday (a little late, sure).

I didn't receive any confirmation of the upgrade from EE - other than the transaction for the early upgrade fee leaving my bank immediately.

I've been chasing for some form of confirmation each day this week, to be met with something along the lines of "sorry you've not got an email/text through, that's strange, I can see on your account the phone is ordered and will be delivered on Friday, 8th March". 

Every attempt to look at my account online was met with some form of error (plus the miriad of endless pop-ups for me to pre-order a phone I already had pre-ordered); it was saying that my current contract length was "0 months"; it was worrying but I assumed this was due to change of plan.

Yesterday at 13:40 I got a text/email from EE/DPD saying "We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly"

Then, last night I got multiple texts through from EE letting me know my plan had been updated. 

I started to feel relieved.

I logged onto the DPD app to choose my 1 hour time slot; this was confirmed at 20:26 "As requested, your parcel will be delievered on Fri 08 March 2019 between 12:00 and 13:00".

Following this I've also had:

20:38 - "Parcel collected from sender"
01:37 - "There's a delay with your parcel and we've now sorted it"

I woke up to the notification that there is a problem; the front page of the app has now changed to state:

"Your parcel is due for delivery Saturday. Your 1 hour time slot is available as soon as your parcel leaves your local depot, this is usually by 11:00"

Okay, I can deal with a day delay, sure... lets chase this up with support just to be sure:

I had the following:

"Sorry for the delays but then the parcel is still in transit to the delivery depot"
"well it has no this parcel is expected to be at the depot over the weekend"
"I am so sorry but due to this delay which has been confirmed today this parcel is most likely to be out on Monday now"
"Also this parcel as booked for next day service can only be delivered from Mon to Fri only"
"And so this parcel should be out on monday"

Broken uncoherent sentences aside, I don't understand how I can be punished (for only having next day service) an error on their end.

So EE and DPD said today, the DPD app says Saturday, DPD Customer service says Monday. 

When do I expect the phone to turn up? Anyone else been through the ringer like this today?

I'm annoyed. - and to think I was planning to order a galaxy watch with EE today too!

21 REPLIES 21
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CrimpingMadness,

I'm sorry to hear you have been given conflicting information.

The DPD app will be showing the most up to date tracking information for your order, so I would expect it to arrive tomorrow as stated.

Thanks

James

Katy1995x
Investigator
Investigator

I'm due delivery monday too!!! Not sure why it's not saturday instead as apparantly last night it was on its way to my local depot which is a hour and a half away! I've not been informed it's delayed, nor has anyone contacted to say it's going to be delivered today, so i'm in a sort of limbo waiting for EE to contact me about it. really disappointed. 

James_B

Hi @Katy1995x,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you checked the status of your delivery on the DPD app?

Thanks

James

DannyBoyEE
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. EE are refusing to send me pre-order confirmation for some reason. I think it's because they've oversold for the free Ear Bud promotion which we require a digital copy of pre-order for to claim. I was also told I won't receive any confirmation of my order at all until I've had the (delayed) device for 14 days. Which, of course, happens to be the exactly time limit allowed for a return (when I find out I'm not getting the ear buds).

James_B

Hi @DannyBoyEE,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

You'll receive a delivery note with your order which serves as your proof of purchase when claiming your ear buds.

Hope this helps.

James

Thank you for replying. But I've called Samsung and they've already confirmed they will need proof of PRE-ORDER not proof of purchase. I've been told by EE I won't receive this email until at least 14 days (cool off) after receiving the phone. Bizarre correct..? I have the transcripts.

PS. Samsung have also confirmed this is not a manufacturer issue as stated on the text warning of a delay, it's most definitely an EE issue.

Thanks 

Danny

realtestman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I just have a "Parcel collected from sender" for me.  

You'll have to call EE.  They will almost certainly state "Monday".

James_B

Hi @DannyBoyEE,

You can upload your proof-of-purchase or pre-order advice notice when claiming your ear buds.

Please see Samsung Galaxy S10 on EE: How to get a free pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds for more information.

Thanks

James

@DannyBoyEE  The reason it’s after 14 days is so no one can set they don’t want the device send it back and then keep the headphones.