cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT! IMEI not recognised

Niklas1
Explorer

I've paid off my Huawei P-smart 2019 contract with EE. As I moved to Sweden I also cancelled the contract with EE and was told my phone would be unlocked. 

While setting up my new swedish provider I was notified that the phone is still locked to EE but the IMEI code isn't recognised online. I can't access anything on the EE app since I cancelled my contract. I called their support but all I got was "you can EASILY unlock your device online at EE.co.uk, if you'd like us to send you a link to your email press 1, otherwise, Good bye"

Now hear me out. I'm boarding my ship that'll be out at sea alongside the Swedish coast for two months in about 12 hours and I thought it'd be nice to have my phone unlocked before then. 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Niklas1  It can can up to 10 days for a unlock request to be completed. It’s usually around 48 hours though.    

Where did you get this device from ?  Was it actually from EE or a 3rd party seller ?  

When you fill out the unlock request form are you actually typing in the IMEI number or are you copying and pasting it ?    There should be no spaces when you fill out the form, you might see spaces depending on where you are getting the IMEI from from within your device. 

Thanks for the quick response @Chris_B @!

I bought the phone in an EE store as part of a 24 months contract. I paid the full 24 months and continued using my contract for another year before I cancelled the contract.

Yes, I've not copy pasted the number, I've used the IMEI nr I received after calling *#06#. I've double checked the nr and counted that I'm indeed typing in the 15 numbers correctly. Once I hit enter a green check is shown beside the field but it disappears quickly at the same time as the error message pops up. 

@Niklas1  I would call customer services and tell them that the online form is having issues and then you can verbally give them the IMEI code.   Hopefully you’ll get someone who can actually help you and not just say use the online form.