Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Unlocking Phone Error

TrueWill
Investigator
Investigator

Hello All

A very urgent post, I just flew from the UK to Hong Kong and they have some pretty strict covid rules that require data to update apps etc. As a result I tried putting a local sim card network and it seems my phone is locked. I tried the unlocking it on the EE website by entering the IMEI got the green tick and continuing but then it gave me an error message "sorry something went wrong our end, please enter your IMEI again or come back later". 

Is anyone else getting this problem? I spoke to an advisor who said they have raised a ticket to the unlock team which will take up to 7 days. But I haven't received an email confirming this has been actioned. Is anyone able to advise or help please, need some sort of escalation as I can be fined and imprisoned for not having data to update their app.

Many thanks all in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TrueWill,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Unlocking requests can take 2-5 working days to be processed, although it's usually much quicker.

Have you looked at purchasing a data add-on in the meantime?

James

Hey James

The Phone Unlocking Team has resolved the problem and emailed me almost within 24 hours of me messaging the help desk. It is much appreciated that the urgency of the situation was taken into account.

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @TrueWill

Leanne.