cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google assistant always thinks I am in Newcastle....

Ludox
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

As the title says, when ever I ask "Where am I" or something simlar to the google assistant on my Samsung s21 Ultra, it seems to think I am in Newcastle. I have location services on for all things google. High precision mode etc but it still defaults to ip location on the assistant. 

Maps and things that use gps work flawlessly but if you use assistant to find nearby ALDI for example. I tries to send me 8 hours down the road....

Thank you for your time.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Ludox 

It is becase Google haven't fixed the security/location permissions in Android. There are two things you can do. 1. When you ask assistant and it brings up suggestions there should be a choose area option. 2. Ask to show your location/supermarkets etc "in Google maps" and it will be more accurate.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Ludox 

It is becase Google haven't fixed the security/location permissions in Android. There are two things you can do. 1. When you ask assistant and it brings up suggestions there should be a choose area option. 2. Ask to show your location/supermarkets etc "in Google maps" and it will be more accurate.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Ludox
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Ah thank you. I thought I had broken something. Hopefully it won't be to much longer for a fix but there are threads regarding this going back at least a few years.