Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart Call missing on Galaxy S23 Ultra

Phil7101
Investigator
Investigator

Hi All,

Could someone with a Samsung Galaxy phone + on EE UK's network confirm whether or not they have Samsung's "Smart Call" Feature on their phone, please?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/smart-call/

I've recently got a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra which is an amazing phone but unlike my previous Galaxy S8, Samsung's Smart Call feature is missing.

Samsung Support confirmed that my phone is a UK variant and ought to have this feature. However, apparently, after checking my phone logs, they stated that EE UK is blocking this feature (some network providers who have their equivalent services do so, e.g. Verizon in America) but having spoken to a friendly EE Customer Service representative, they denied it.

Hence, I'm curious to learn, if there're other Samsung Galaxy owners out there, who have Samsung's "Smart Call" feature?

Cheers, 

Phil 

SmartSelect_20230805_111926_Call settings.jpg

SmartSelect_20230805_112145_Brave.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XboxGamer1987
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Screenshot_20230808_153454_Call settings.jpg

Hello

I got my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra direct from EE and have the feature you seem to be missing 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Phil7101 

I have it activated on my S23 Ultra. 

My device is from Samsung direct. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi @Northerner,

Thank you for confirming! Much appreciated! 🙏🏽

I'm sure, the issue lies with my phone and not EE. I was surprised that Samsung Support even stated that.

Cheers, 

Phil 

@Phil7101   Samsung just as other manufacturers will blame the network before themselves. 

garetc
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I've got an S23 Ultra running the O2 variant of the software and it works for me.

@Chris_B They've got no reason the lie about it? They and Google spend money developing the services. Why would Samsung not bother to help get them working? Operators have always hidden or fiddled with menu options, hiding certain functionality on some handsets.

Hi @Chris_B ,

Thank you for your reply.

I suppose, there are other providers, particularly in America, that block the Samsung "Smart Call" feature to sell their own. So, it could be a valid point from Samsung. That said, to state that they've analysed the logfiles from my phone would be disappointing, if it's not true.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi @garetc ,

Yes, that's what I've been thinking since the start. Since they've confirmed that my phone ought to have the "Smart Call" feature and EE is not blocking it, they need to get it sorted.

Hopefully, it is just a hidden menu option or something like that. 🤞🏼 

Thank you for letting me know that your S23 Ultra has the "Smart Call" feature! Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil

XboxGamer1987
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Screenshot_20230808_153454_Call settings.jpg

Hello

I got my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra direct from EE and have the feature you seem to be missing 

Hi @XboxGamer1987,

That's exactly was I was looking for! Thank you!

I needed confirmation that other Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra users have this option on the EE network. That ought to be enough proof for Samsung Support.

Enjoy your phone! I'm really happy with my S23. Getting Samsung's Smart Call feature would be the cherry on the cake.

Best Wishes,

Phil