cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z Flip 3 screen issues

Kfrooj
Visitor

Hi,

I have a galaxy z flip 3, had it about 7 months and started seeing issues when opening the phone it would black screen.

This is a known issue with Samsung, i sent my phobe pff for inspection and they zoomed in 1000x on a mark not visible to the eye and used that mark to say there was physical damage and so warranty void.

They did say, mark has no relation to the known screen issue but because they can void the warranty, they won't fix it.

I rang EE to see what they can do as my agreement is with EE, not Samsung, and I'm in a 24 month contract using a phone with a known fault that they've sold me.

EE told me I could pay off the remainder of my contract at £600+ and then take out a new contract with them for a new phone....

Anyone had similar and found a solution other than bending over? 

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kfrooj,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Sorry, we can't access your inspection report via the community.

Please get in touch with Customer Care to discuss your claim.

Thanks

James

WayneHewitt
Visitor

Hi there,

I've noticed that my phone has recently started experiencing the same issue as you described. There is a small tear in the middle of the screen which is causing the screen to go black. I plan to contact EE tomorrow for advice.

I just received this phone in May 22.

I will update once I've spoken to EE.

Katie_B

Hello @WayneHewitt

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please be sure to keep us posted. 

Katie

baggas
Investigator
Investigator

I'm having the EXACT same problem! I will not be renewing my contracts with them in the future absolute rip-off merchants mate. I've been with them for 6 or 7 years spend hundreds a month with them and never missed a payment. 

Katie_B

Hi @baggas

I have responded to your other post

Katie

pjgrant29
Explorer

My wife is having same issue right now, phone won't do anything screen not responsive, spoke with tech team after speaker first operates who all said any physical damage, is the screen breaking up in the fold area, yes it is, not are fault here's the number for samsung grrrrr.

Same thing pay for early upgrade £187, complained why should we pay for upgrade when your admitting it's a known fault.

Short story first person we spoke to is going to see what they can do, nit holding any hope after reading this, told them if they dont help us i will cancel 2 mobile contracts and broadband when contracts run out this july.

In the meantime we have to pay for a phone she cannot use for 5 months.

Thanks EE team.