cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting infomtion again!!

Conflicting
Explorer

Once again I have two conflicting advice

My Samsung s21 battery is draining daily I am having to charge it 3 times a day. Also the battery is boiling hot when it's been charged.

Online said that If I took it to store and phone was spotless no cracks ect it would be replaced free of charge. 

In store! Nope wouldn't even look at my phone saying it will be chargeable EE really needs to get everyone on the same page. Phone is 18months old. 

So annoyed no-one wants to help or knows what to do. Can't even give me a price to replace the battery. I'm petrified it's gonna catch fire.

Someone help 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Conflicting   The battery has a 12 month warranty after this time it’ll cost you to have it replaced.   No manufacture gives you over 12 months on a battery as it is classed as a consumable.    The cost to replace the battery via EE will mean it’ll have to be sent off so the device can by looked at to make sure there is nothing else wrong then you’ll be informed of the cost to replace the battery or you can go to Samsung directly yourself to have this replaced at your own cost. 
The battery being charged three times a day and you say it’s getting very hot means the battery is very degraded and need to be replaced. Downside with lithium ion batteries is the more you charge it the more you degrade it and the more heat can be produced. 

Thanks. But I don't know why they won't give me a price. 

Great shout on Samsung website thankyou 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Conflicting

Thanks for coming here. 

If you give us a call on 150, the team will run through some troubleshooting and give you a quote for any chargeable repair that may be needed. 

Leanne.