cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make or receive calls

Dmc-10
Explorer

My phone has a symbol of a circle with diagonal line. I cannot make or receive calls. I can use text and whatsapp. I have rebooted my phone and taken out the sim card and replaced but still not working. I am on a contract.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dmc-10 Rolled out with Android 5.0 Lollipop in 2015, the circle with a horizontal line through the middle is a new symbol from Android meaning that you turned on Interruption Mode. When you you turn on Interruption Mode and the circle with line though it shows it, it means that the settings is set to “None”  

to get rid of it.

All you need to do is go to the home screen is pull down the status bar with the fingers. Then select on the button saying “None” or the circle symbol with the line in the middle.

Thanks for the advice. But this is a circle with diagonal line meaning no signal, it is not no interruption. I can get a wife signal but no signal for mobile provider although no previous issues with the network.

@Dmc-10   Wi-Fi has nothing to do with a cellular connection there 2 different connection types.  

Have you checked THIS out and put your postcode and device type on it and then clicked the check status tab ? 

@Dmc-10 wrote:

Thanks for the advice. But this is a circle with diagonal line meaning no signal, it is not no interruption. I can get a wife signal but no signal for mobile provider although no previous issues with the network.

If you mean a WiFi-signal, this is just a connection from your device to a router which is different to a mobile network signal.

Chris has given you a link to the mobile network status page - selecting "check status" on there will ID if there's a network fault in your area which can often explain this.

Depending what phone you have, you may also be able to use EE's WiFi-calling service - this lets you use your phone for calls & texts without needing any mobile signal.