cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set up A22 5g "This device belongs to your organisation"

suze2468
Contributor
Contributor

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy A22 5g as an upgrade and when trying to set up my phone it checks for updates then "This device belongs to your organisation" appears on the screen.  I can't navigate back and if I click next I'm asked for log in details for said organisation.  It's as if they've sent me a phone already set up for a workplace.  Anyway I can't continue set up.  Spent ages onto support last night who suggested leaving the organisation in settings but I cant get passed that screen to continue set up never mind get into settings, they then suggested I take it into a shop so they can see it which is understandable but just wondered if anyone else has had this issue and how quickly it was resolved.  Or if there is anything I can do now to get my phone up and running.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @suze2468

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Is this a business upgrade? 

Do you get this message as soon as you turn the phone on and follow the set up or when setting up an app?

Leanne 🙂

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Leanne_T

Hi @suze2468

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Is this a business upgrade? 

Do you get this message as soon as you turn the phone on and follow the set up or when setting up an app?

Leanne 🙂

Hi @Leanne_T 

No it's not a business upgrade.  Its just my personal contract.

I get the message just after I agree to the end user licence agreement and it searches for updates then that appears, so yes as soon as I follow the set up.  The only option is to click "next" and if I do it asks me for username and password to log in to the domain.

Leanne_T

Hi @suze2468

The next step should be for WiFi details, do you get any option to select your home WiFi after agreeing to the licence? 

If you get passed this, do you see any option to enter your Google email account details? 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

Hi @Leanne_T 

Sorry yes I got the wi-fi set up which prompted the search for updates then that screen with "This device......"  I can't go any further than that.  I don't get an option for Google, just to enter login details for the organisation

Leanne_T

Thanks very much @suze2468

That is odd, I would suggest going into the store so they can see what they can do if this is possible. 

If not, please get back in touch with our customer care team on 150 for some further trouble shooting 🙂

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T 

Thank you.  I will go into the store at the weekend.  I thought I'd try here just in case it was an easy fix or someone else had the same issue.  

Thanks for your help 😊

Leanne_T

No problem @suze2468

I hope you get this sorted 🙂

Leanne.

@suze2468   Was this device purchased as a good as new device?   It sounds like it was already sold and the business that acquired it returned it back to EE but didn’t remove it from their business.  You’ll have no chance of setting this up as it’s been locked down by that business so they can give it to one of their employees and that business keeps control of the device.   The device needs to be returned back to EE as you have no chance of getting past that request. 

Hi @Chris_B 

It should have been a new phone. I've just looked at it again and its vmware. This has really annoyed me. I'll arrange a return now.

Thanks for this info Chris