Highlighted
by peterhw Investigator
Investigator

sms from 249

Hi, 

Not sure if the right forum but a general question.

Have been a Broadband user for sometime

I do not use EE for mobile

I just took possession of a TV EE Box

EE sent me 2 SMS messages (survey) from # 249 "Hello from EE. We'd love to get your feedbac.........." but if I try and reply to #249 I just get an error.

Not a major problem but can't figure out why EE makes a request for a reply to what appears to be a NON valid #

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: sms from 249

Good Evening @peterhw

Thanks so much for reporting this 🙂

Was this a survey after speaking to one of our team?

Speak soon, 

Katie

by peterhw Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

I did speaak to someone I believe because of the very mixed messages I was getting about my revised service and delivery of the EE TV Box.  The box turned up sooner than originally stated.  I installed the box and was 'up & running' very quickly.

Then I got the SMS messages - 2 and both from #249.   

The point was not so much the content or the originator but rather sending a request to participate.

Message 1

Hello from EE. We'd love to get your feedback on your recent delivery experience. We're sending you a short survey, all texts are FREE! To opt-out, please reply with STOP.

Message 2

Overall, how satisfied were you with the delivery of your equipment? Please score between 0 (very dissatisfied) and 10 (extremely satisfied).

Both timed @ 17:25 - 7th June and both from 249 

I tried to reply as requested (and as stated previously) and got an error message. Just tried again and failed.

As previously stated why send a message requesting a response to a number that fails to respond?  If there is an obvious solution / answer then be pleased to know.  Can't believe I am the only person having encountered such an apparently pointless sms message

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @peterhw

Thanks for confirming this. 

I do apologies that your response has failed. 

I can't provide you an answer as to why this has failed as of yet, but I will absolutely feed this back to the relevant team.  

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions