Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM only deal and now no phone calls

Mrg81xwj
Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

I have just changed to a SIM only deal following the end of my contract . It was over 12 hours ago and I still cannot make or receive phone calls . Messaging , yes and everything else ok . I have switched the phone on and off (3times) but alas , no phones call being received or made ... cheers Rich 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mrg81xwj
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for all the replies , its my fault , picked a deal that doesn't include phone calls . Strange that , a mobile phone company offering no phone call deals  : ) 

You learn something everyday !!

All sorted now with the correct SIM only deal 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Changing your priceplan should have no effect on your phone's ability to maintain network coverage.

Does your phone show VoLTE (Android) or 4G-call (Apple) when you try making calls? What happens when you try making a call?

Mrg81xwj
Investigator
Investigator

The phone just doesn't ring , hangs up each time 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does your phone show VoLTE (Android) or 4G-call (Apple) when you try making calls?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mrg81xwj

@bristolian is right, moving to a SIM only plan should not effect your phones service. 

Did you request this by speaking with us over the phone?

Katie

Mrg81xwj
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for all the replies , its my fault , picked a deal that doesn't include phone calls . Strange that , a mobile phone company offering no phone call deals  : ) 

You learn something everyday !!

All sorted now with the correct SIM only deal 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Mobile devices can be used for data use solus - telemetry devices or portable credit card terminals are prime examples.

It's also a mobile router company & so sells data SIMs for them. Mobile routers don't make phone calls.

Anyway this doesn't explain your inability to receive phone calls. Indeed it doesn't explain why you are unable to make phone calls as you should be able to make them & be charged for the pleasure, unless it's a PAYG data SIM with 0 credit.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)