cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam text message re bill

Wellsie
Investigator
Investigator

Just had a text saying unable to process my bill I’m assuming it’s a scam  As bill already been taken!!! Not clicking on that link 

288 REPLIES 288
Normski20
Visitor

Had same problem but accidentally clicked on the link. Does this matter? 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Scream

Thanks for sending this text to 7726, we will be able to get this looked into.

Hi there @Normski20

Did you share any details when you clicked the link, such as email and password information?

Leanne.

@Normski20 : Clicking on the link is harmless in itself. The danger is filling in their fake forms that impersonate EE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Robiwankenobi
Investigator
Investigator

Just had thistext. 

[EE]:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via: https://ee.uk.billing17.com/?ee=2

I very nearly fell for this one as it all looked so legit. All customers need alerting to this one ASAP. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Robiwankenobi 

Thanks for coming here and letting us know about the text, if you could forward this over to 7726 we can get this looked into.

These messages can be very convincing and look or sound like genuine messages, Glad to hear you never fell for this and entered any details.

We do have a Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it, support post with full information on how to report these messages

Leanne.

Received the same message as everyone else but the link in the text is as follows: http://ee.bill-revise2.com/ 
No number visible, the name shows as 'EE Support'.

Katie_B

Good Evening @N9ne

Thanks for coming to the community and flagging this. 

Please follow the instructions provided by @Leanne_T and report this by forwarding the message to 7726

Katie:)

Hi, 

That was the first thing I did. The scammers obviously aren't aware that I'm a PAYG customer, so why would EE need my billing details?! 😃

Hi All,

I clicked the link and filled in the information stupidly - I was busy doing something else and only realised after. Since then I got a call from a Lloyds number and they tried to get me to transfer my savings into my main account. Be wary of this.

Does anyone have a screen shot of the form it asks you to fill in, Im trying to remember what other info I gave them.

Thanks,

@EE2020 : All you have to do is make your own faked login to 1 of these sites.

Capture.JPG

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)