cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to block a No Caller ID nuisance caller

janeclarity1
Explorer

Hi EE community 

I guess this does come  under the ‘security’ banner I need help to block a stalker who is sending me No Caller ID calls and messages relentlessly from the USA I can’t just turn off ‘all unknown calls’ as it would affect my business . I’ve tried putting No Caller ID in my contacts list and then blocking the number by using 000 000 0000 as  suggested by one articles anyone else had this problem and what did you do to at least send their calls to voicemail !!😵💫🥹🤞 

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@janeclarity1  There is nothing you can do to stop a no caller ID from calling you apart from blocking all callers that are not in your phone book.   The only other thing at you can do is change your phone number.      You could report this to the police. 

Thanks for your reply . The caller in question probably knows this and it’s a form of harassment . He’s calling from the US which makes him more untouchable . Ugh … he has nothing better to do than ring me + 20/30 times a day 🥹

Jayne432
Visitor

I’ve been having a similar issue since last year. I know it’s my ex but can’t prove it. I think it is unfair that this feature exists. There is no point in blocking someone if they can easily get around it this way. To create a fairer system, phone users should have the opportunity to block No Caller ID calls. 
I am worried the police won’t do anything about it. I just don’t know what else to do. It is 4 am and I’m awake crying about it. Why are people so cruel?

@Jayne432   You can block no caller IDs is an on board phone feature.    When this is enabled only callers who are in your phone book will actually get through.  

What phone do you have ?